Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Why I Started This Thing

So I decided to attempt a blog again.  For me, for my family, to document our life, to give myself an outlet, etc.

We live far away from our family.  We live in Washington State.  Our families are back on the east coast.  So it's just me, my husband, and my kids that make up our daily lives.  As a military family, it's hard to make circle of friends as well.  We have a few and we are definitely more social out here than we were back in California.  So that's a plus!  However, with my husband coming and going thanks to the military, I needed an outlet to babble on.  My worries, my thoughts, my happy moments, etc!  I can't babble it all out in an email to him all the time, plus he has internet access when he's gone so he can check here too!

So welcome to our lives.

My kids are pretty normal little kids.  My daughter is in preschool.  It's a Montessori based school and she goes two days a week.  She adores her school and seems to be learning some important social skills which is why we enrolled her.  I was originally homeschooling her, but I couldn't find a great way for her to get her social needs met.  I figured preschool two days a week would be a great way to start!



It also frees up time for me to work with our son.  He's developmentally delayed at the moment.  What does that mean exactly?  Even we're not sure.  He's learning things every day, but he's not speaking or interested in the same things are children his age are.  So we are taking him to a class once a week and he's getting help with his speech, sign language, and motor development.  His speech is the biggest issue, but they work on everything with him since he is under 2.  We've come a far way from when we originally had his evaluations done.  Even simple things like he has a word for me and a word for my husband [Mama and Daaaaaaaa ;)].


My little world consists of cleaning, organizing and working out.  I'm a Beach Body addict -- I'm currently in week 4 of Turbo Fire.  I've come a long way on my weightloss journey and really hoping 2013 will be my year!  I've also start organizing and cleaning up some of my hidden areas in our house where things just seem to accumulate.

Hopefully after this blog I can start some more fun posts, but I still feel like there needed to be some initial getting to know me blogs ;).



No comments:

Post a Comment