Monday, February 11, 2013

Birthday Prep!

Cecilia is turning 4 this year.

FOUR!

Where have the last 4 years gone?!

Ugh... she was SO tiny!!
So anyhow, that means we are planning her party.  Because we have never lived close to family and friends, we've never planned a big party for either kid.  Cecilia's first birthday was "big" for us, but that was because we lived 3 hours from my husband's family in Los Angeles and they drove down for it.  For her second birthday, it was just me and her while my husband was deployed and I was pregnant.  Her 3rd party, Daddy was home and Josh was here, plus we skyped with my parents so it was a bit more exciting.  We also took her to the big indoor playground out here and out for dinner.  Then for Josh's first birthday, we did the same as Cecilia's 3rd birthday, so it went just as well.

So we tend to stay pretty low key.

Because this is her 4th birthday and my parents are visiting just three weeks before her birthday, we decided to celebrate her birthday while they're here.  I'm a little superstitious about those things, but I think Cecilia will LOVE having her Grandma and Papa here during it.  She even asked if they would come to her party this year, so we just had to do it.

Our theme?

Tea Party.

She is OBSESSED with tea parties.  Like as I type this I have a toy teacup next to me and a plate full of pretend desserts.  I even had to pay her for this cup of tea this time.  How crazy adorable is she?

So we decided to do a tea party theme.  I'm even mailing the husband a pretend tea cup in his care package cause he should be able to Skype in during the party.

So here are some ideas we've come across so far:

Toy Ideas -- these will be FOR the party, not necessarily her gifts. Since we don't have to do gift bags, or lots of food, I think it's ok to have some extra "gifts" as part of the decorations.  Besides it's better than the decorations that end up in the trash IMO.

Food ideas!!  This is just as snippet -- Pinterest overload much :)
I think the party is going to come together SO WELL.  I cannot wait to start really planning, but I need to start making lists and figure how much food we really need/want to have, what decorations I want to do, etc.  I cannot wait.  I think she's going to absolutely love it.

I still need to figure out her gifts as well.  Not sure yet what to get her this year, plus we have to figure out a special gift sent from Daddy since he can't be here for it.  So we'll see!  But I'm getting my ducks in a row now so I can make her 4th birthday amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment